Lodging Tax Grants
SPRING CALL FOR 2021 EVENTS - APPLY HERE
For the first time, the City of Gig Harbor is opening a Spring call for 2021 events and tourism-related projects funded through Lodging Tax grants. The total grant amount of $50,000 will be available, with a maximum award of $20,000 per application.
Funding applications will be accepted on the City of Gig Harbor website starting February 15. Applications are due by March 31, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. Events will need to happen within the 2021 calendar year.
Funding for this program comes from the City of Gig Harbor Lodging Tax Fund which receives a percentage of hotel/motel taxes from lodging establishments inside the city limits. The City collects a tax on charges for overnight lodging. These funds are distributed by the Department of Revenue back to the City of Gig Harbor for the funding of tourism related capital facilities, non-event operations, and event marketing and operations.
Lodging taxes can be used for:
• Tourism Promotion/Marketing
• Operation of a Tourism Promotion Agency
• Operation of a Tourism-Related Facility owned or operated or non-profit organization
• Operation and/or Capital Costs of a Tourism-Related Facility owned by a municipality
Past grant recipients include:
- Gig Harbor Film Festival (operations and event expenses)
- Harbor History Museum (operations and installations)
- Peninsula Art League (open juried art show)
- Permission to Start Dreaming Foundation (Race for a Soldier and other events)
- Harbor WildWatch (operations)
- Gig Harbor BoatShop (operations and tourism activities)
- Downtown Waterfront Alliance (farmers' market expenses)
For more information please contact the Tourism & Communications Office at 253-853-3554 or email@example.com.